Vegetarian meals with Turkish Airlines
Vegetarian meals: no wonder Turkish Airlines won the price as the BEST European airline in 2012!
What can we expect of the vegan and Vegetarian meals with Turkish Airlines?
I´m flying with Turkish Airlines from Lisbon –> Istanbul – Istanbul –> Bangkok and return with them.
I was amazed, not only the prices of the tickets were very affordable, but the friendliness of the staff and the variety of vegan and Vegetarian food with Turkish Airlines.
|Heading to Istanbul|
This beats all the other airlines by far!
- AVML (Vegetarian Hindu / Asiatic Meal )Spicy vegetarian combinations with limited use of dairy products.
- FPML (Fruit Platter Meal)Contains seasonal fresh fruits.
- HNML (Hindu Meal)
Vegetarian food prepared in an Indian style which does not contain beef and egg. (We serve Hindu meal choices in our India flights for YC services.)
- RVML (Vegetarian Raw Meal)Contains only raw vegetables or fruits.
- VGML (Strict Vegetarian Meal)Strict vegetarian meal (No milk products)
- VJML (Jain Meal)Hindu Vegetarian food prepared in Indian style, based on Jain customs.
- VLML (Vegetarian Lacto Ovo Meal)Does not contain meat, fish or seafood. May contain dairy products such as milk, butter, cheese etc.
- VOML (Vegetarian Oriental Meal)Prepared with vegetables and fruits.
|My amazing vegan/fruitarian jain meal|
Here my super vegan lentil curry, with basmati rice and baked aubergine on sauce.
A fruit salad and a vegetable salad.
To complement, pure olive oil and whole bread. .. and tea!
I absolutely loved the meal and I can´t wait to see what the next meal from Istanbul to Bangkok will be.
But now, I have a day in Istanbul, a perk only possible with TA. I managed to get a 24 hour layover in Istanbul, without paying any extra fees.
This way, I will manage to see a bit of Turkey for no extra cost. I will have a 3 day layover on my way back home, at no extra cost as well.
So, if you´re on a tight budget like me, this is a great way of getting to see 2 countries and pay for 1 flight only!
I’m extremely happy and please not only with the vegan and Vegetarian food with Turkish Airlines, but with the friendly and attentive staff.